Thursday 4 April 2013

FOP experience



Being not a natural good speaker, I never enjoy presenting especially infront of many people. However, I felt something different for my FOP experience. I felt that my FOP experience was interesting and I enjoyed it.

Due to the fact that FOP is an individual presentation and I was up against strong competitors, I was indeed more nervous as compared to my GT presentation. Despite the fact that I was more nervous, I was also more confidence and had better control over my presentation.  The reason being that the report was written by me and supported with the research I have conducted. Hence, I was very familiar with the content and had lesser problems internalizing the content.

I have received feedbacks that I was better in controlling my pacing and volume. However, there are still rooms of improvements for my pacing and pronunciations. Even though I still feel awkward about presenting infront of many people, my FOP experience has increase my confidence in presentation. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Annis!

    Your reflection about how you had enjoyed the FOP really resonated with the confidence you displayed in your presentation.

    Although, I don't think that the improvement that you had merely came from being more familiar with the content. Sure, familiarity helps. But you can take credit for the improvements made. :)

    I think that you've come a long way from when we had started in week 1 of BizComm.

    Looking forward to working with you in FIPD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like JiaHui says, you've come a long way in ES2002, Annis. Your FOP was so much better than the GT. I could actually follow what you were saying. Great strides!

    Thanks for all your work.

    ReplyDelete